lays groundwork for classroom of the future
Presented by Kivuto Solutions, SimplifiED Summit is an annual event that brings institutional decision makers in education together with members of the tech community to tackle today's biggest challenges facing academic leaders.
“In order to be competitive in tomorrow’s workforce, students will need to be creative, imaginative, and agile; they’ll need to be able to work with anybody, anytime, anywhere,” said Moravec. “To prepare for this, a fundamental shift in education is required – a focus on how we learn versus what we learn is imperative. Events like SimplifiED are so important because they provide a forum for education decision makers to discuss and explore the ideas and tools that help pave the way for real-world advancement in learning.”
• Personalizing education at scale
• The ever-evolving mobile campus
• The effects of digital learning resources on students, faculty and staff
• Positive integration strategies for today's digital world
Additional speakers, included:
• Dr. Michelle R. Weise - Executive Director Of The Innovation Lab At Southern New Hampshire University
• Alan November - Senior Partner & Founder Of November Learning
• Dr. Maureen Brown Yoder – Professor, Education Technology Department, Lesley University
• Dr. Jeff D. Borden, Chief Innovation Officer, Saint Leo University
• Dr. Joseph Paul Cevetello, Former Assistant Chief Information Officer, University of Southern California
• Jonathan Huer, Director of Emerging Technologies and Media Development, Ball State University
“With all the innovation coming out of Los Angeles, hosting our 2015 Summit at UCLA, as part of ‘Innovation Week,’ was such a natural fit,” added Sanchez. “We felt a seismic shift this year in terms of awareness and excitement around SimplifiED and what we’re accomplishing with the series in terms of driving action. We’re looking forward to continuing this momentum for years to come.”
Kivuto is the world’s leading provider of advanced eText and software distribution solutions that enable the secure delivery of digital goods to students, faculty, and academic organizations anywhere in the world. Kivuto simplifies the process of delivering required digital course materials under virtually any terms and conditions to make education more accessible and affordable to students. Over 60,000 academic institutions and departments trust Kivuto to manage and distribute software to their communities. The company distributes over 30 million software downloads a year in 195 countries and supports 17 languages.