Parents a Free, Safe and Simple Way to Connect
Teachers from around the world can create classes by using Remind on the web or by downloading the application. They can add students and parents to their classes and send secure messages including assignment reminders, photos, and documents directly to students' and parents' phones via push notifications. Also, with the new release of the product, teachers can connect Remind to their mobile address book or choose to add contact information manually, making the process of inviting students and parents to join classes faster and more efficient.
“We continue to add functionality like making it easier to add contacts in this new version to streamline day-to-day teacher tasks and ensure that critical information reaches students as well as parents. We are looking forward to welcoming more teachers from around the world, to hear their feedback and continue making richer connections between teachers and students.”
As of July 30, the English version Remind 4.1 is available worldwide in Apple and Android app stores for free. SMS will still be available in the United States and Canada. Communication is always safe because phone numbers are always kept private and messages are one-way only.
Remind app is available not only to teachers, but also to students and parents who can now manage all their Remind messages in one place. Some of the core benefits of using Remind include:
- Parental notification for students under 13 – With improved privacy flows for students under 13, parents are notified when their child signs up for Remind.
- Safety – teachers never see students’ phone numbers and visa versa, preserving privacy and ensuring safety;
- Accessibility – students and parents can use mobile phones or emails to receive messages from their teachers, without the need for a smartphone;
- One-to-many – messages go to the entire class, and students and parents can't reply, saving teachers from having to manage another inbox;
- Audit trail – a log of all sent messages is kept if needed for any administration or audit needs.
We believe great education is the first step to solving many of the world's most pressing problems. Our purpose is to build products to make it incredibly easy for teachers to provide that education. Working hand-in-hand with teachers, Remind aims to eliminate communication obstacles between teachers, students and parents.
Across all grade levels and institution types, Remind provides a safe, simple communication solution to help teachers extend their classrooms. Millions of teachers, students and parents rely on Remind to power their classroom communication.
You can find Remind on Twitter (@RemindHQ), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/remindHQ), Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/remindHQ), or on the web at https://www.remind.com