- The #OETC14 keynote speaker of the day was Dr.Casey Wardynski, one of eSchool News’ 2013 Tech-Savvy Superintendents of the Year. More than 3,000 attendees gathered in the main exhibit hall to hear him speak about his knowledge and personal experience with educational technology.
- “Digital learning should be personalized, engaging and always available.”
- Vine Tree of Knowledge
- #OETC14 attendees grow the “Vine Tree of Knowledge” by sharing their edtech experiences in the classroom via the OETC14 Vine account.
- Examples can be found under #oetc14 and #vinetree on Twitter/Vine
- OETCx is a participant-driven “Un-conference” event that lasts all day. Conference-goers can engage in alternative learning experiences such as Ignite-style talks and interactive panels with unstructured time.
- “OETCx is all about high energy and realistic application. It’s educator-driven, not date-driven and fun for all!” - Ryan MacRaild (@mrmacraild)
That's all for today! Stay tuned for more updates tomorrow!