JoomlaLMS is one of the cheapest Learning Management Systems on the market. The fee depends on the quantity of active users (teachers and LMS administrators are not counted). The LMS is a paid one; however, the vendor provides a 30 days free trial. The prices start from 299$ per year (support and updates are included).
A variety of features offered is impressive. SCORM and AICC eLearning standards compliance, Mobile compatibility, quizzing and reporting, ecommerce integration, a bunch of communication tools, social integration, an embedded course builder and much more.
Plus, thanks to Open Source Code and Joomla! native compatibility, it is possible to add any feature you dream about. There are more than 8000 extensions in Joomla! Extensions Directory and you can, for example, embed a blog, a survey, reviews or a testimonials system.
- Course creation is conducted through the following steps in an embedded course builder:
- Choose course title and description;
- Add teacher information;
- Set pricing options;
- Choose course format (whether you want your course to be a webinar- based, a lecture-based or learning-path based one);
- Modify course layout (you can add a variety of modules, for example, “Buy this course”, “Recent Documents”, “Recent Messages” or any Custom HTML module);
- Create content (create quizzes, add documents, links, SCORM packages, schedule webinars etc.).
In JoomlaLMS you can set permissions for user roles and assign managers to particular groups, thus allowing independent user groups and teachers to work with the system at the same time. It is particularly important if you have several teachers or classes and want to control access to materials.
To sum up, affordable price, considerate support, rich functionality and wide range of user management settings of JoomlaLMS make it a great choice for educational purposes.
If you get interested in the software, schedule a free Demo presentation with JoomlaLMS team. No fee, no obligations.