As a result of this strategic collaboration, N2N is working with Brandman University to implement a comprehensive cloud based integration platform, which will include the following services:
- Cutting-edge interface for admissions applicants
- Innovative Customer Relationship Management system to support the admissions staff
- Comprehensive middleware to provide authentication, authorization and provisioning capabilities to Learning Management Systems and assessment partners
- Integration Cloud for student, faculty and administrator support in a service-oriented architecture
- Student Success dashboard for Students and Academic Coaches
- Mobile-ready services for students, faculty, advising and academic staff
“From research and testing to implementation of the applications, it has been an honor to partner with such a reputable institution on this project,” said Kiran Kodithala, Chief Innovator at N2N. “Our idea of success for all our projects is more than KPI measurement and goal-tracking. N2N strives to make a difference and truly transform the way students learn. This partnership with Brandman University will be a mutually beneficial relationship, and will combine the university’s academic leadership with our strategy for Edtech. Together, we believe in our ability to position Competency Based Education as the most affordable option to support learners in need of personalized programs.”
Traditionally, education models have grouped students by major or certification, not by individualized programs. This structure provides each student with the same path for success. This presents challenges when a large percentage of students’ schedules are interrupted by full- or part-time jobs, dual-enrollment conflicts or volunteer and extra-curricular activities required for graduation.
These standardized programs are unlikely to fit every student’s schedule or learning speed, thus setting many up for failure before they have a chance to prove their capableness. CBE offers individualized course roadmaps that allow flexibility for students to, for example, take exams during non-school hours or turn in assignments online with extensions. N2N builds tools that are customized for each student’s personal situation.
N2N’s recent partnership with Brandman University has made progress in expanding this practice to help more students remove the scheduling and learning barriers that they cannot avoid. Other N2N projects that have led to progress for CBE as a whole include:
- Creating a content delivery network for Southern Polytechnic State University
- Building a comprehensive student success toolkit through N2N’s Product Suite
- Crafting a comprehensive learning media platform to support personalized learning, flipped classrooms and blended learning
- Collaborating with Empire State College to write a grant proposal for N2N’s “First-in-the-World” program
To learn more about N2N Services or the Competency Based Education initiative, visit http://n2nservices.com/.