With positive revenue growth four years in a row, Epson had the largest total revenue increase in the North American projector market in 2013 with a 24 percent share, which represents a nearly six-point increase year-over-year.
Epson’s 3LCD line-up delivers ultra-bright, high-quality performance coupled with innovative features and technology advancements, such as leading color brightness performance with up to three times brighter colors2, innovative collaboration tools on its BrightLink® interactive projectors, MHL-enabled home cinema projectors for instant access to HD content3, increased energy efficiency across solutions, and easy wireless presenting and viewing with its free Epson iProjection™ app. Beyond performance, Epson strives to offer a full network of service and support to give dealers, installers, partners, and customers an outstanding overall experience.
Epson’s projector technology leadership spans multiple market segments1:
- Resolution Categories: Held the number one spot in major resolution categories, including SVGA, XGA, 720p4, WXGA, and consumer 1080p
- Home Theater: Retained its leadership position within the home entertainment market with 52 percent unit market share5 and the lead spot in the 1080p category
- Business: Maintained its pole position within the business market, increasing its unit share five points to 37 percent, the largest share growth of any manufacturer
- Interactive Projectors: Drove market leadership for the fourth straight year in the rapidly growing interactive projector market with its BrightLink interactive projectors for education and business, gaining four unit share points year-over-year
- Installation: Continued its leading position within high-end projectors (4,000+ lumens) with its Epson PowerLite® Pro G- and Pro Z-series projectors, increasing unit share by nearly three points year-over-year
In addition, according to recent sell-through unit data, Epson retained the top spot in each of the four channels of Pro AV6, Distribution6, Commercial Reseller7, and Retail7 in 2013 in North America.
In addition to its projector tracking services, PMA also conducts end-user and dealer surveys. “Epson’s market share performance is also reflected in PMA’s surveys,” said Linda Norton, vice president, PMA Research. “Based upon dealers rating each brand in various aspects of marketing support, products, and after-sale support, Epson increased their composite score by nearly 10 percent in PMA’s most recent dealer survey.”
Epson is a global innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and printing systems, 3LCD projectors and industrial robots to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.