The Epson PowerLite 97, 98, 99W, 955W, and 965 classroom projectors offer advanced network connectivity for simplified control of classroom content, and high image quality for bright, vivid images.
“Our goal at Epson is simple: provide K-12 classrooms with the most innovative and complete projection solutions, and these two new series of PowerLite projectors run the gamut in terms of features and pricing to meet the needs of nearly any classroom,” said Heather Johnston, product manager, K-12 Education Marketing, Epson America, Inc.
“Whether seeking to understand a math concept or mastering a writing assignment, collaboration and peer-to-peer learning are an important part of the classroom experience. To facilitate this experience and the teaching and learning process, today’s classrooms need robust technologies at an affordable price.”
With 3LCD, 3-chip technology, Epson projectors offer three times brighter colors than leading competitive projectors2. The new PowerLite projectors offer lumen and resolution combinations to meet a range of instructional needs and budgets:
More about the PowerLite S17, X17 and W17
Featuring advanced connectivity and high image quality, these high-value classroom projectors are the ideal tools for presenting impactful lessons at an affordable price. Available in SVGA, XGA and widescreen WXGA resolutions, this series includes HDMI connectivity to easily bring high-quality video, plus audio, into any learning environment.
The series allows teachers to enjoy the freedom of wireless functionality with an optional network module (sold separately), including projecting content wirelessly from most handheld mobile devices with the free Epson iProjection™ app.
More about the PowerLite 97, 98, 99W, 955W and 965
This PowerLite series features impressive audio and a range of networking choices including RJ-45 or optional wireless (sold separately), as well as HDMI connectivity for exceptional image quality for bright, vivid lessons. And, as BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) becomes more commonplace, Epson has incorporated new moderator software into these projectors, which allows teachers to present up to four different device screens to the class enabling ultimate collaboration. Administrators can also manage up to 1,024 Epson networked projectors using the included EasyMP® software or Crestron RoomView™, saving time and money.
In addition to offering high color brightness and high white brightness, the PowerLite 955W and 965 also offer 1.6x optical zoom for crisp, clear images and installation flexibility in the classroom. These versatile projectors are also equipped with HDMI connectivity and premium audio features, and allow teachers to manage their projector and present remotely.
Additional features of the new PowerLite series include:
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
- Setup/Positioning Flexibility: +30 degree automatic vertical and manual horizontal keystone correction provides easy and convenient operation in multiple classroom settings; Quick Corner® moves any of the four corners of an image independently, to adjust for a perfectly rectangular picture
- Advanced Networking: Educators can remotely deliver video and audio presentations over the network with the included EasyMP Network Projection software; projectors can be used as a broadcast system to display announcements, event flyers, updates and instructions; wireless functionality is available via an optional wireless module
- iProjection: Leveraging the Epson iProjection app, teachers can wirelessly present (with optional network module) from most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later and most Android devices running Android 2.3 or later
- Easy Maintenance: Easy lamp and air filter access for quick and convenient replacements
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentations from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a standard USB cable; USB Type A port offers PC-free image slideshows and direct connection to the Epson DC-11, DC-12 or DC-20 document cameras
- Teaching Aids: Pre-designed line and graph pattern templates or customizable images aids instruction, saving valuable class time by eliminating the need for teachers to draw lines and grids on a whiteboard or blackboard
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL® lamp technology, the PowerLite 955W and 965 lamps can last up to 6,000 hours5 in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
The new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color brightness without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, teachers and students want to enjoy content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness.
High color brightness enables an even brighter color image for larger screen sizes and on a larger variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. Whether projecting a presentation, interactive lesson or movie, Epson’s line of education projectors deliver consistent color brightness and white brightness, allowing students and teachers to view life-like reproduction of any content.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite S17 ($399), X17 ($449), W17 ($599), 97 ($549), 98 ($599), 99 ($749), and 965 ($899)* will be available in November 2013, and the PowerLite 955W will be available in January 2014, through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, distribution, and Epson.com.
Epson’s projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line via a phone card included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For more information, visit
Epson is a global innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and printing systems, 3LCD projectors and industrial robots to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 68,000 employees in 96 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on