Edgenuity CEO Sari Factor will host the discussion, joined by forward thinking district leaders eager to share the transformative techniques they are using in their schools to help all students succeed, despite a diverse range of needs. Panelists include:
- Aaryn Schmuhl, Assistant Superintendent for Learning and Leadership at Henry County Schools in Henry County, Georgia, who will share how Locust Grove Middle School has integrated blended learning into an individualized, seminar-based experience and how Impact Academy is driving an alternative learning program through virtual and in-classroom coursework;
- James Coutee, Supervisor of Virtual Learning at eCampus Virtual School in Lafayette, Louisiana, who will explain how online alternatives can help students who haven’t flourished in a traditional school setting achieve their academic goals.
“Educational technology can engage, motivate and inspire every kind of student, from those that struggle in a traditional classroom to those who excel and everyone in between,” said Sari Factor, Edgenuity CEO. “SXSWedu highlights some of the most profound issues and innovations in the education field, and we hope this panel will make an important contribution to the dialogue.”
Each year, SXSWedu gathers leaders from across the learning landscape, including teachers, administrators, professors, business and policy leaders focused on changing how teachers teach and students learn. For more information on the Edgenuity panel, see below.
- Date/Time: Monday, March 3, 2014 3:00-4:00pm
- Location: Hilton Austin Downtown Room 400/402 - 500 East 4th Street - Austin, Texas 78701
- RSVP: There is no RSVP system for panels at SXSWedu, but registered attendees can browse conference offerings and build a schedule to track events of interest here.
Edgenuity provides engaging online education solutions that propel success for every student, empower every teacher to deliver more effective instruction, and enable schools and districts to meet their academic goals. Edgenuity delivers a range of Core Curriculum, AP®, Elective, Career and Technical Education (CTE), and Credit Recovery courses aligned to the rigor and high expectations of state, Common Core and iNACOL standards and designed to inspire life-long learning.
Fully flexible for use in any blended or online learning model, Edgenuity supports an environment where personalized learning is possible. With 185 semester-long courses and growing, Edgenuity has already driven outcomes for more than one million students in schools and districts across the country. For more information, and to see Edgenuity in action, visit Edgenuity.com.