More than 700,000 bulbs have been created because it is easy for users and makes work look beautiful. The newest features of bulbSchool complement the beauty by ensuring that it is easy to implement at the school, district or classroom level:
- LMS Connectivity is now offered in partnership with Schoology, Canvas, and Blackboard.
- Auto-Rostering is safe and simple, making interoperability an asset, not a liability.
- Privacy and Data Security allows users to share work as “read-only,” or give collaborators permission to add, edit, and delete using inline commenting.
- Administrative Dashboards evaluate usage and allow for best-practice sharing.
- Professional Development is now included, and advanced offerings in partnership with friEdTechnology are available.
- Advanced bulbPermissions allows users to choose how they want to connect with an audience.
- Education Pricing enables cost-effective rollout for every student and every teacher.
Now with bulbSchool, the platform is more affordable, so it is available to all students and teachers. It is more connected to leading LMS providers already used by schools, so bulb doesn’t require yet another set of credentials. Auto-rostering removes the maintenance time required to set-up, track and maintain accounts. Data-security and privacy are enhanced to meet enterprise demands. bulbSchool also includes on-site professional development to ensure every educator takes full advantage of the platform to curate, create and showcase knowledge.
“Teachers and students love how easy it is to use bulb and how beautiful it makes their work look, but educators must manage many ed-tech platforms to provide student with the best education possible,” said Eric Goldreyer, CEO and co-founder of bulb. “bulbSchool removes any possible barriers so administrators and teachers can offer students a best-of-breed digital portfolio to help turn information into knowledge.”
bulb’s online student portfolios assemble student work in one convenient place for teacher review. Portfolios are multimedia, so students can upload text, Pinterest photos and YouTube videos; or embed PDFs, Word files, documents from Google Drive, or 150 other file types. Teachers can also use bulb to upload lessons and demos to share with students. Work is automatically saved online, and can be organized into collections based on student needs. bulb can be used in any subject, creating a tangible demonstration of personalized, integrated learning, relevant to wherever a student’s path takes them in life.
Other features included with bulbSchool are Presentation Mode, Asset Library, and responsive design for any device. For more information about these features and more, please visit bulbapp.com.
Educators can experience bulb in person at ISTE booth #3232.
bulb is an ed-tech company specializing in digital portfolios. bulb is committed to the discipline of learning and the craft of teaching; we believe that technology should enhance and accelerate both rather than detract from them. bulb is the place where students and educators curate, create, share, and showcase their smarts. bulb understands that form follows function, so we not only make bulb pleasing to the eye, we also make it super easy to use. At its essence, bulb is where ideas are cultivated into amazing work, which can be shared and refined over a lifetime. For more information, visit bulbapp.com.