support social-emotional learning this school year
The free 2019 Back to School Guide can be downloaded at http://info.apertureed.com/btsg-19.
The 2019 Back to School Guide is organized by job description and includes eye-catching icons to make it easy for users to quickly find the resources relevant to their role. The Guide includes:
- Articles on hot topics in SEL such as “How SEL can Help Reduce Bullying,” and “3 Ways SEL can Support Trauma-Informed Practices.”
- Sharable resources such as an infographic about integrating SEL into an RtI Framework and a list of “10 Binge-worthy SEL Webinars.”
- Tips for administrators on everything from securing funding for SEL programs to supporting SEL for educators.
- Lists of SEL activities that support staff can do with students between classes, as well as activities to help teachers de-stress.
- Information on how to use reliable data to measure SEL program effectiveness.
The 2019 Back to School Guide is an example of Aperture Education’s work to support educators and administrators in implementing social-emotional learning programs in the classroom and in out-of-school-time environments. It also provides a comprehensive SEL assessment and intervention system for schools and out-of-school time providers.
About Aperture Education
Aperture Education specializes in social and emotional learning (SEL) solutions. Our flagship product, the DESSA Comprehensive SEL System, allows educators to measure, strengthen, and support social-emotional competence in youth in grades K-12. The DESSA System includes a suite of strength-based assessments, a universal screener that can be administered in less than a minute, and growth strategies and foundational practices to strengthen social and emotional competence. The DESSA System is lauded by researchers because it meets high standards for reliability and validity and is appreciated by educators for its ability to easily and quickly identify each student’s personal SEL strengths and provide practical supports that result in improved student outcomes. To support educators, we just launched the Educator Social Emotional Reflection and Training (EdSERT) tool. EdSERT is a professional development program to support the social-emotional competency and well-being of educators. For more information, go to www.ApertureEd.com.