“I wanted to create the book I wish I had on my first day of teaching,” said Smith. “Ridiculously Amazing Schools would have helped me become the educator I wanted to be much sooner.”
Waller added, “Tracey is an inspirational leader. The title of the book comes from her rallying cry for her teachers: ‘Make today ridiculously amazing!’ Together, we’ve written a book that gives administrators the tools they need to benefit from the 7 Mindsets mission of empowering students and teachers through mindsets-based social-emotional learning.”
Ridiculously Amazing Schools examines how educators can build courageous relationships within their schools by fostering feelings of trust, significance, and belonging. Inspiring these feelings depends on five elements: belief, clarity, nurture, conflict, and play. To help educators implement the five elements leading to courageous relationships, the book includes:
- An assessment tool for readers to see how their school currently applies a given element and where they have room for improvement;
- Real-world stories from teachers and schools around the country exhibiting these elements;
- Discussion of why each element is difficult to bring into a school and why it matters for a school;
- A companion guide that provides a framework for readers to pull ideas into a plan based on what they’ve read; and
- Proven practices for each element to give readers ways they can begin incorporating an element into their school.
About 7 Mindsets
Combining elements of relationship-based teaching and social-emotional learning, 7 Mindsets provides a framework that distills extensive research on the nature of happiness and success into tools, lessons, and training that provide a new language and operating system for schools and classrooms. With complete courses of flexible, age-appropriate online curriculum for elementary, middle, high and virtual schools, 7 Mindsets is an easy-to-implement, proven, and transformational program that has been established in schools across the U.S. and internationally. For more information, please visit 7Mindsets.com.