Also from Getting Smart, John Hardison discusses his "5 Splashes of Brilliance from ISTE '13." The post discusses his five favorite events/moments from ISTE which include Jane McGonigal's opening keynote and the Ignite Sessions designed to spark creativity and enlightenment. If you're still on a fix for ISTE news, this post is worth reading.
And if you're looking for some Common Core professional development this summer, Teach Thought also has a post entitled, "A Simple But Powerful Way to Bond Your Common Core Units Together." The article discusses using overarching questions and big ideas to tie your units together to create a more cohesive curriculum.
The Lightning Round...
- Educational Technology shares 6 Must Have Google Drive Extensions for Teachers
- And they also discuss 2 Interesting iPad Apps for Creating Digital Portfolios
- If you've ever wondered How to Join the Google Teacher Academy, Edudemic explains.
- Edudemic also has a new infographic on the 7 Habits of Effective Connected Educators
- And Getting Smart reviews 6 New Apps from Edshelf